View Single Post
      09-27-2022, 07:48 AM   #18
NiToNi
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Convertible

Sorry for not getting back earlier but I haven’t been getting email notices of new posts.

For what it’s worth, I very recently got rid of my G31 after having enjoyed almost 40k miles with the Ventura tune on it. It’s not given me a single problem this whole time, just pure joy. Those few times I had to take it off for service, it becomes obvious it’s not something I would want to be without. Whole-heartedly recommended!

I’m in-between cars at the moment but thinking of a B58 based M340i G21 or 540i G31 next (as the new G81 is too rich for me). Ventura’s top tune for this engine takes it to min 425hp/600Nm which is a bit lower than what I’ve seen from others (475-500hp) but I’m tempted to stick to what I know is quality so will def be considering Ventura again. Will come down to how well thought out (eg number of sensors) and price ultimately. And I would have to assume that any responsible tuner who knows what they’re doing will go for the sweet spot between power and reliability (drivetrain stress etc).

EDIT: Shameless plug, but I’ll be selling my 530d box soon on eBay so if anyone wants to PM me with an offer for min £400 that’s OK
Appreciate 0