View Single Post
      01-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
Hossel19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

New Info - Seems DSC is adaptive and should not intervene more with a square set up!

I keep digging to find an answer to my question in the original post and I found the information below posted on the F82 forum.

Seems like DSC is meant to be adaptive and should not intervene more on the track with a square set up vs staggered... Anyone has experienced this?

Extract from the F82 forum:
I recently switched my car to a square setup. However, before I did this, I had the opportunity to have a few beers after dinner with the BMW engineer who was in charge of DSC programming and development for the F8X platform. (This was while I was at the Ring for the annual BMW "invitational"). Anyway, I had heard thisrumor and took the opportunity as to ask "Philip" if there was any DSC issues with running non-standard tire sizes or a square setup. He absolutely assured me that DSC will automatically learn and adapt to whatever tire sizes you are running. Additionally, He said it can take up to 70km of accumulated straight driving in order for DSC to fully complete the adjustment. Based on the info he provided, I decided to go to a square setup to help balance tire wear.

Source:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...p#post20361139
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C4185.00