Thread: Car Wax
View Single Post
      12-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #13
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Lots of opinions here so I'll give mine based on past experience.

Zymol - Great product that results in unbelievable shine but you're gonna need those free refills because the product doesn't last very long. If you don't want to be detailing every month, this is not for you.

Swissvax - This is the latest trendy high end wax and I don't think there is anything else that will match it's shine however, it is still a carnauba based product so longevity is not one of its strong points. This is another one that you'll need to be detailing at least once every 2 months.

Zaino - Zaino is one of those products that you either love it or hate it. It results in good shine and lasts forever. Some people say as long as 6 months. The downside is the application process. It is very hard to work with and depending on your climate, it can take a long time to cure extending your detailing process to an all day affair.

Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket - This is a synthetic sealant that I've been using for the past 3 years. I love it. Lasts long with pretty good shine. Do two coats of this and you're good for 6 months. Very easy to apply and remove. The downside is that it is only available at etailers so it's not readily available at your local stores unless you have a high end detailing shop near you.

Einszett - A lot of people swear by this stuff. It's long lasting, easy to use, and relatively cheap compared to all the other stuff that has been mentioned here. If you're a beginner and don't want to spend big bucks on detailing, this one is a winner.