Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03
great thread!

I'm still pretty green but thought I'd throw out a cheap/perhaps effective method for determining ideal tire pressures. I've seen (the experienced instructor type) guys use a grease pencil to make markings on the outside of the tires (on/near the small triangles on the shoulder area) to see if you're rolling over... if u wear the markings off, add air. if you aren't getting to the markings, let some air out.

this may not be as effective for some setups but maybe someone can expound on this?

also the 18x10 et33 square setup sounds like a possible option and doesn't require spacers iirc.

going square for me came down to rotation possibilities... some tracks absolutely abuse a certain corner and it's nice to spread out the love. also with grippier tires and some throttle control I'm hoping 275 will be okay for a while. I can always add a couple wider wheels later if i wanna I wanna go staggered. 2cents worth.
The grease pencil is a good old trick. Not as effective as pyrometers or infrared cameras. As for ET33 square, you will need at least 5mm spacer front on stock suspension. 10mm if you're lowered and using coilovers/aggressive camber.

Most of us will likely graduate to a staggered setup as we get more comfortable on the track and reached the 275 rear limitation. The 911 guys have no choice but to go staggered. We may have to join the boat.
for some guys not wanting to get über technical .. the pencil seems like a nice place to start.

I do have 10mm spacers on order. can't wait to try it out! if it's really wet I may stay on my MPSS though

Appreciate 0