View Single Post
      08-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #16
giorgoXXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom76 View Post
Thanks. Ordered beginning of July with build scheduled for week 32 and delivery week 35, so it will be one of the first I reckon. Will wait til 1 September so it goes on a new plate. Going by Twitter I think they started full production on 1 August, mine went code 5100 (Bodyshop Start) on 6 August about a week after 5055 (Confirmed by Production Control). It then shot through and was sat at 9000 (Departed Plant) on Saturday, 10 August. Time to forget it for a bit whilst it's on the high seas.

Mineral Grey is a lovely colour but I've got it on my current F30 so wanted a change, albeit stayed in the greys! The cost did focus my mind on other options a bit, the leather was just a touch too far. The premium pack was also a bit pricey at £1700! Have a sunroof on my F30 that gets opened less than 5 times a year so that was an easy choice. Good that I could bag the lumbar separately and not too fussed on electric memory seats as I'm the only driver. The full leather will make for a stunning cabin which you'll enjoy time and time again.

Will post some pics when I get hold of it.
Great, looking forward to the pics!

It would be good to know as well how different the car is from the US spec. I know its a bit down on power, but I've heard also the exhaust might be slightly quieter as well.

Also, apart from asking the Genius on the configurator, is there any other way you are getting those production codes and tracking your order?
Appreciate 0