View Single Post
      04-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #89
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quite frankly, I don't get all this defensive rhetoric.

This whole section pegs the M5 against its competitors. If the M5 doesn't come out on top, there are critical voices decrying fanboyism or trolls.

I get it, there are the occasional trolls on every forum but one can safely ignore those posts.

I am new here and coming from larger sedans. Used to have S-Class models, BMW 7 series (F02) and was close to picking a new B7 but realized that a fast, large barge is still a large barge. Besides the G12 is pretty uninspiring and even the Alpina wheels seem a bit out of place on this model. M5 wasn't available yet.

We wanted something more nimble and picked the Launch Edition of the E63s, same as Vic's which is truly stunning in the flesh. The cars setup, torque and sound is definitely smile inducing Seems to make me test the legal boundaries on a daily basis.

Besides reading about the M5, I have only had a chance to see the car once. No seat time yet.
That appears to be the same with most other members. Really like what I hear and am curious to compare.

At this point I am thinking M8 which apparently has a lot of M5 hardware in it. Can't wait to see the production version and hope that much of the interior stays near the concept.
Appreciate 1
Vic5519584.00