08-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #186
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Well, specific case in pt, some ppl argue the latest Z4 is better than the previous because of trunk space...trunk space!!!! Never mind that is false w both tops up but whatever. My pt is who buys a 2 seater vert to carry cargo, who thinks like that in their right mind? That is a main factor in ppl's decision *for that type of car*? I'd argue they are not suited for the Z w that mentality and should've bought a SUV instead.

Someone said the 1st gen Z4 (which I preferred) sold well enough, so why didn't they evolve it rather than go crazily into a completely different route w the 2nd gen, and now the 3rd? Gotta be due to lack of profitability and the $$$ is going to more boring vehicles. Ppl only have themselves to blame buying all those moving appliances. Laughable Porsche sells more SUVs than sportscars, who are these ppl?
Believe it or not these people that buy high dollar SUVs are the majority and have spoken with their fat wallets. Enthusiasts in a forum are part of an immense statistical minority. Our taste in vehicles don't pay the bills at the manufactures much anymore and this is why minivans on stilts (I would challenge anyone to tell me the Tesla Model X is anything but a six figure minivan if it weren't for the Falcon doors) rule the sales charts and the roads.

Let's have this conversation again in 30 years when driving a car will be considered an illegal activity and we will be lamenting those excellent BMWs from the 2010s that you could still drive with polluting ICE engines and disconnected electric power steering systems.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 2
heavyD^23688.50
clee1982797.50