View Single Post
      05-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #2
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

so I did some more searching .. I see some people commented negatively about the car shifting at unwanted times (driving through a turn & upshift) and about having a hard time determining what gear the trans was in (quiet car, shifts so smooth they may go unnoticed..?)

the first problem, not holding gears, I think should be partially fixed by putting he car in the manual shift setting and taking that control back. I think I've heard it still shifts if you are bouncing off redline but maybe I'd just avoid doing that.

it seems like after doing a few laps and keeping it in manual you should probably know what gear you're in for different sections so that may not be a HUGE issue but with a manual you DEFINITELY know what gear you just put it in.

these issues seem to pop up in some of the big YouTube reviews but seem to be non-issues for other people. maybe I should get the manual to solve these problems, but the smooth/quick shifts of the auto is still alluring. that and I have to wear big ol' boots to work and shifting is much less fun with size 13 boots :-/

Appreciate 0