View Single Post
      08-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #3
ResidualJinx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_BMW View Post
I'm shopping between the w213 e63 and the M5C. I feel these cars offer the best in everyday driving and also sportiness when needed. I've driven the e63 and up to that point, it was the fastest car I've ever been in. The dealer let me ring it out. I've never been in a car that blurs my periphery and give me tunnel vision, at least for a second or two. The sheer amount of torque and acceleration for a car this heavy with three people was staggering. It threw you back into the seat and gave me those g-force/butterflies.

I went to go test drive the M5C last week and I was actually preferring it to the e63. Smoother ride, really only need the two packages which give you everything you need from a luxury point. I had three people in the car, so fair comparison to the e63. I put it in m1, made sure everything was in sport plus and selected manual shifting. I set out and got a feel for it. Definitely not as aggressive as the e63, which is a pro and a con. I had an open stretch and went for a 2nd gear pull. There was a bit of lag even though I rolled into it and although it pressed me in the seat it was kinda gentle, not really anything sudden. I expected the car to pull harder as the revs climbed but it never really did. I shut it down around 125 ish. I tried 2nd gear, then 1 st gear, and then 3 rd gear. They all, kinda of felt just smooth and not sudden. I will say that objectively and on paper/speedometer, wise yes, the car is very fast without a doubt, the length I pulled compared to traffic behind me was staggering. However, I got no excitement from the pull it was just, smooth.

I got back in home and took out my glc 63s amg and did some pulls. I got the immediately stomach feeling and the responsiveness.

The M5C had me very confused. I started thinking maybe I left it in a weird mode or the wrong mode? In any case, I wanted to ask the forums and those who have had the car for a while if you think the M5C is more of a smooth accelerator. It gets up to speed and goes extremely fast but does not "feel" as its specs suggest or "feel" as fast when flooring it.

I understand some buyers prefer this, but if that is the case, I guess I'm just not the target buyer for this car. In my opinion, I want to feel that aggressive acceleration.

Thanks!
Yeah I can see how some ppl prefer to look at my brake lights while my M5 beats either of the AMGs mentioned...

Maybe if you take off the engine cover it'll "feel" faster?
Appreciate 0