aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Hi guys. Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but it was the only reference to the issue I could find in the aussie forum.

I have a manual '08 e92 M3 with 30,000kms on it.

I was driving this morning and got a Tyre monitor malfunction message, and then DSC deactivated message. No loss of power message or limp mode. I have had intermittent issues with cold starts - long cranks and rough idle. I asked the dealer to look into this but they could find no issues.

Just wanted to know if anyone has any recent experience with any of these issues?

From the searches I've done it sounds like it could be Idle control valve or Throttle Valve Actuator. Both of these sound like quite expensive fixes which I'm not all that keen on!

cheers
Long cranks are characterics of the car as it ages. I have it too when the car hasn't been started for a couple of days. I have not experienced rough idle, unless I am missing something.

I think the DSC warning is related to the loss of air and once you have the puncture repaired and reset the TPM, you should be fine. I have experienced this when the car has been on the dyno, but when you drive off, both switch-off.

Hope I have answered you concerns. Good luck.