View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 06:55 AM   #18
Aim.F32
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

My experience was more 1/10, the one being for finally getting my car. The only reason I went through was because I got 8-9% off the car. Everything from the get go was a headache. As soon as they got my deposit, communication went cold. The salesman gave me the order form (without the discount applied) and was supposed to send me the updated one the next day, two weeks went by and I didn't get it. I wasn't exactly sure how much I was paying but also wasn't sure how much my monthly was going to be. On top of that, I didn't know what was happening to my current car at the time (which I picked up from the same dealership in 2017) because originally, I went in to get the OG M2 and with that deal my previous car was accounted in the deal (as PX). I wasn't sure if they were taking it as PX for the new deal or I would have to sell it privately. I called several times two weeks after to get some more information and conveniently the salesman was not available. I felt like a crazy ex at the time, ringing the dealership just to find out 1) Updated order form 2) How much was I going to pay 3) What happens to my current car at the time 4) When my car arrives (or even an estimate date). Got to the point where I got fed up and a friend (who worked at a different dealership) advised me to speak straight to the manager, so I asked to speak to the manager after no communication from the salesman, and guess who picks up the phone when I requested to the sales manager, yep the salesman (who was no manager). He gave the whole song and dance, and even said "Oh we'll give you an M car for the weekend" so you can get a feel of one. That obviously didn't happen. 2 months in and I still didn't get any information.

So, I complained to BMW UK, and the next day I got a call from the dealership manager and he gave me an estimated date for the arrival but no information on my current car. Then I get an email about being able to change my specs a bit so I went in to do so and the salesman made those changes. But at the end of the week I get a call from the sales manager to discuss finance and we seem to have 3 different prices for the car. He goes and clarifies it and finds out actually the car was already in production status so whatever changes I made didn’t change. I was annoyed the salesman wasted my time and on top of that the manager’s new monthly quote and deal had me on the Q4 APR which was 4.9% instead of the 2.9% APR because I changed the specs slightly in Q4. But this made so sense because the car had already gone into production so my original specs stayed the same (spec’d in August). He then said, let me know when you’re ready to pull the trigger so I can request BMW Finance/UK to put you back on the 2.9% APR because he said that he can only do that once. Again, I was confused why I was even put on the 4.9% APR because I had been calling in for months asking about my finance agreement, updated order form, etc. This all should have been confirmed in August and all I had to do is lay back and await my first M.

I complained again to BMW UK, and the manager got back the next day and told me about the car arrival date and valuation of my car, which was £2.3K in negative equity so I decided to put up the car up for sale, annoying because I had to put it up a month before the new car arrived. Would have sold it quicker in the summer and also broke even on the finance if I did so. I reduced my deposit by £1k just in case I had to settle any negative equity on the quick sale of my car. Fast forward towards the close of collection date, which was set for a Saturday and I had also found a buyer for my current car who was collecting the car the week after (£850 negative equity but that was better than -£2.3k). But a couple of days before collection, the salesman calls me and tells me I can’t collect the car until I have settled the finance on the current car, otherwise they wouldn’t release the finance for the new car. Yes, I know, this is the issue with financing and partly my fault. However, it’s something they should have told me way before the collection date. This being my first new and M car I wanted a bit of song and dance for collection day but at this point, I waited a week and just picked up my car straight after work.

The salesman knew how bad he had been and tried to offer some things from the BMW lifestyle shop, so I picked up a few things and he said he’d order it and get it delivered to me, and also mentioned M track days in Jan. This was nearly a month and half ago and got none of those said things.

At least I got my M2C, which I love.