Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by europeankar View Post
Hi,
My installer couldn’t find a better way to install the amp so He spliced the HK amp wires and I am using the front L/R channels. Yes, 100 KRS on the doors, HK center and rear. Now, if I adjust the sound to the rear I get no bass! My installer said the factory systems are the same?!

The gain on the amp is very minimal. There is like no way He could get any signals so He tried the rear L/R signal first and it sounded weird and the front L/F sounds the way it should. I hope I won’t fry anything.
Yes: As BEM-S4 says, read some of the other megathreads in this subforum.

Before you do anything, consider:
- Disconnecting the center channel speaker entirely (It does NOT function as a true surround center channel; it merely sums the front stereo signal and muddies up the soundstage)
- Upgrading the rear speakers to Focal coaxials (at a minimum) or another set of KRS 100s

The problem with how your installer dealt with the underseat subs is that he spliced into the front-channel line-level output wiring to get them a signal. The reason you have no bass when you fade to the rears is because the subs no longer receive a rear-channel signal from the HK amp. The subs run off of a summed signal from all four output channels, so that they operate in stereo yet also automatically fade (but don't disappear) in output as you adjust the fader from center. The fix for this? A proper six-channel amp (or a stereo amp with four inputs, which is rare) or that sub harness BEM-S4 mentions.
Appreciate 0