Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by europeankar View Post
Hi guys!

I have a 2017 M2 with HK. Currently the stock amp is pushing the mids and the tweeters. Focal amp to push the woofers. ASD is coded to mute. Am I doing this correctly? Should I get an aftermarket amp to push mids and tweeters to achieve better sound quality?! M2 is so confusing to install, F80 M3 HK is way easier. I should have bought Technic's harness to save all the troubles.

Focal 100KRS 4
Focal IFBMW-SUB 8
Focal Impluse 4.320

https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...s/impulse-4320

Thanks for any inputs!
First, a few questions:
- Where is the Focal amp in the signal chain if it is only driving the subs? I ask because the HU does not output bass-only frequencies; only 2.0 stereo front L/R and rear L/R channels. If you're driving an already amplified speaker-level signal, that's far from ideal and can potentially damage those underseat drivers.
- I assume your 100 KRS set is in the front. What are you running in the rear? Another 100 KRS set?

Your easiest path is going to be to add a four-channel amp to drive the KRS set(s), or -- and this is what I would do -- remove and sell the Impulse and replace it with a six-channel amp such as a Focal 6.900.
Appreciate 0