08-19-2023, 09:21 AM   #11
fan51
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm490 View Post
I was very satisfied with the stock power. But seeing that a simple 10 min racechip mod gives it a good amount more oomph it was a no brainer. Downpipes tune all that other stuff isnt worth it to me simply because this is not a racecar to me. I used my GTR for that. This with the racechip is as fast as I want my luxury sports sedan to go lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
+1 on this. Have been using RC and otherwise stock over two DDed M5s now combined for 40K+ miles. Bang for the buck is incredible. I can definitely feel less violence in a straight line pull without it, and I’m Dragy confirmed 0.1 to 0.2 seconds shaved off 0-60 without 1 foot rollout. I’ve mentioned on the forum before that the car feels extremely boring without it. So much so that I used to remove it at home before driving to the dealership for service, but now I pull over two blocks before and remove it then so I don’t have to endure ~30 minutes without it.

I’m not chasing any more performance on the M5 than this. That’s what other toys are for, but, I can understand others wanting to squeeze even more power out of this platform.
Tell me more about the race chip guys. What kind of power did you make? What kind of improvement over stock 1/4 mile? How was the install? Once removed, is dealership capable of seeing it was once installed? I need more info!
Appreciate 2