ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm490 View Post
I was very satisfied with the stock power. But seeing that a simple 10 min racechip mod gives it a good amount more oomph it was a no brainer. Downpipes tune all that other stuff isnt worth it to me simply because this is not a racecar to me. I used my GTR for that. This with the racechip is as fast as I want my luxury sports sedan to go lol
+1 on this. Have been using RC and otherwise stock over two DDed M5s now combined for 40K+ miles. Bang for the buck is incredible. I can definitely feel less violence in a straight line pull without it, and I’m Dragy confirmed 0.1 to 0.2 seconds shaved off 0-60 without 1 foot rollout. I’ve mentioned on the forum before that the car feels extremely boring without it. So much so that I used to remove it at home before driving to the dealership for service, but now I pull over two blocks before and remove it then so I don’t have to endure ~30 minutes without it.

I’m not chasing any more performance on the M5 than this. That’s what other toys are for, but, I can understand others wanting to squeeze even more power out of this platform.