View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 05:41 PM   #40
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

I'm a current C6 owner and recent 128i owner for a daily.

Never have had the first issue with any of the 6+ Corvettes I have owned in the past... All C5's and 2 C6's.

All very easy to work on, huge aftermarket options, and make nice power with minor changes.

I wanted a 135 as a daily, but the stories I read all over the net pushed me to the 128 for reliability issues.

The 128 is a great daily driver, and satisfied my needs for a fun car to commute with.

But when I want to just get out and cruise with a car that has 450/450+ to the rear wheels that drives very tame, and handles/corners just as good....I pull out the C6.

It wouldn't scare me to take off in it across the country if I wanted to, and is actually very comfortable especially compared to the C5.

And as far as adding more power, you can go quite a ways while still retaining reliability. I've had 600 hp+ vetted in the past that drove completely like stock aside from a little stiffer clutch pedal.

Not trying to sway anyone one way or the other, but I've enjoyed both brands. Had a e46 330 coupe and M3 in the past as DD's.....but have always had a Corvette as a weekend fun car that I can pull the top off of... and Just "tool" around in.
Appreciate 0