View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #35
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
For the record I didn't say you said they were slow I just put up times to demonstrate they can and do handle well they fact that they bring good power to the table is a nice bonus.
I just mentioned the struts to point out your complaint about the transverse leaf isn't really an issue, struts work as does the leaf spring. I can take your point about your perception of Corvette handling( although many disagree) but I don't think you can attribute it to the leaf itself. Track times again demonstate that the car can lay down very good times. Most cars with let's say 500 can easily be driven sedately on the street but once the left foot gets real heavy they all become more of a white knuckle handful.
Porsche may use struts due to light front end, I never heard that but will take your word for it, it makes sense. BMW doesn't have that mid, rear engine issue though, they could use unequal length controls. Porsche also uses struts also to keep the chassis narrower.
Both Corvette and M3 are killer cars and the completion between the two improves both breeds.
This is a typical front struts on all 911 including the GT3.

https://www.elephantracing.com/tech-...sion-overview/
Appreciate 0