View Single Post
      01-24-2023, 06:58 AM   #36
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, the ECS one will cost about $400 extra over Aeuroplug($1140 after tax and ship vs $765 after ship) but I'm ok with the lead time.

Sometimes Aeuroplug or resellers run specials, if I can get one for $660 ish I will probably just go for Aeuroplug then

This one right here, you see how the tow hook cover area is a bit off, but I think the person said they just put the OEM cover back and it's good to go

[IMG]https://www.m3post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2095772&stc=1&d=156273 7734[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsport View Post
The cover on mine looked fine. Could be inconsistent manufacturing. Also, did the owner of that car cut the cover for the tow strap or is that yet another aftermarket part? Could be just the tow strap cover not fitting well with the Aeuroplug bumper.
Seems to be a bit of confusion here so I’ll try to clear it up. The orange car pictured has an ECS bumper on it and I agree the area around the tow hook cover is a bit off. That’s one of the reasons I went with the aeuroplug bumper. When I received my aeuroplug bumper I noted that the tow hook cover didn’t sit flush at first and one of the tabs for the grill was slightly off. This was due to me not pushing them in fully. I’ve since had the bumper painted and installed it myself. The fit and finish is great. Here is a few photos, you can see the tow hook cover fits perfectly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3