Thread: Ceramic or not?
View Single Post
      11-01-2021, 08:48 AM   #4
Ashme
Private
Rep
Drives: Viper, GX460, BRZ

Rent a garage for a day and do your own graphene coating. It's not hard, but it will take all day. I did the pro graphene kit from Adams (not spray bottle) and it's so much better than any ceramic coating I've used (and I've used a lot).

Then wash using the 2 bucket system and no-rinse system described above. I have the luxury of a hose/garage and pressure wash the car off first, but I doubt I need to with graphene unless it's really dirty. Also, be sure to use GOOD microfiber towels like these. I use 3 for washing and 2 for trying. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
The cheap disposable ones will absolutely wreck your paint. Use those for wheels and throw them out after. You can see all the swirl marks I have:
(That's wet sanded paint so swirl marks would be very obvious)

Coatings won't stop rock chips at all. They'll add UV protection and drastically reduce swirl marks from automatic car washes and make it much easier to wash (especially brake dust). That's what PPF is for. If you're living in a city and don't do much highway speed cruising, you're probably not going to get many rock chips and such.

PPFing the entire car is madness imo. You can repaint the car for that price, and how many rock chips are you getting on your trunk lid, hood, etc. It's a nice car, but it's not a $4M collectable.

edit: I also put the coating on my seats and steering wheel. It helps, I think. Last car I sold, the buyer was shocked at how good the seats looked.
2011 Lexus GX (for sale soon)

Last edited by Ashme; 11-01-2021 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18195.50