View Single Post
      04-26-2024, 01:27 PM   #6
bandersen
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 X5 40I M-Sport

After a few days, and with GOLFRR's help, I received a quote from the VIPFinance email..(thanks, G!).

In March, BMW changed the name of the place from ESC (Extended Service Contract) to VSC (Vehicle Service Contracts). The VSC (like the ESC) are ONLY for vehicles that are still currently covered by the original BMW 4yr/50k mile warranty. They will extend out from the original in-service date to a total of 7yrs (84 months), 100k miles. Unlike the ESC, the VSC only offers Platinum or Powertrain plans (the ESC also offered 'Gold'). These contracts are 'sponsored' through BMW Financial Service (so you can see what marketing material there is by the BMWUSA website, then under Financial Services.

With my VIN and mileage, I received several quotes for an additional 1-3 years, 60-100k miles. I drive approx.. 1k/month...so will look hard at the 84 month/85k plan (approx. $5500).

I've gone through the contract (unlike the ESC, there is not a 'pretty' marketing slip sheet out for the VSC yet)....and I have some concerns. The VSC specifically excludes (Sec 5.P) 'lenses, lights, laser lighting, sealed beams', as well as any hoses not specifically covered (and I saw none specifically covered). Headlights are $6k a pop - not a set. That's a big nut and something I specifically wanted covered...that I need to ask about. Also - there is 'zero' mention (either as a covered or excluded item) of the 'infotainment' system - aka IDrive. Also, the word 'sunroof' is nowhere to be found - and if they consider it a 'flexible body panel', then it's excluded (and mine was just replaced for the dreaded leak). Again, questions I need to ask. I want to keep this car 10yr+...but if we're missing headlights, a sunroof and whatever else I'm missing...not sure if it's worth the $$

As always, appreciate your thoughts!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10864.00