View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Why would you have to turn it in before the new car is ready? My dealership quoted me the trade-in price on our X3 and will honor that price until the new car comes in, regardless of how long that takes. Now, I'm sure if I all of a sudden put 10k miles on it instead of our usual 1 or so a month, they might object. But they did the same thing on an ML350 we traded in on the X3. The X3 took exactly a month to come in, so we ended up getting a check back from the ML since the trade-in price matched the buyout a month before we traded it in (then made another payment on the ML, making the final buyout that much less). So we essentially got that last month of the Mercedes free

I guess it's only a week and a half for you and you're not dropping off and picking up at the same place.. But still, seems like you should've been able to do it the day of or day before you left for the PDC. That short a time though, I guess I would rather drop it off and not have to worry about it. Once you get the trade-in price that thing becomes an asset not a car anymore lol.
When you do ED or PCD, the paperwork has to be completed beforehand. I think it's about 1 week prior for PCD and longer for ED. It's my understanding that you can't just do it the day before you pick it up. Anyone know the official lead times?
Appreciate 0