View Single Post
      12-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #16
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by damianwo View Post
Performance stopping on the street is the same, it will come down more to tire grip. Don’t trust anyone that tells you CCB are worth it, they are not if you price out both. You’ll need to replace steel rotors at around 40k miles and CCB at 60k, considering the price difference you can replace steel rotors 4x for the price of carbon ones. CCB are only better if you track the car and you care about point of a second better track times. Brake dust is minimal on CCB but road debris will make your wheels dirty anyways. I would consider getting CCBs only if they were around half the price, otherwise no deal. Whichever option you will pick, you will be happy. Both set of brakes have serious stopping power.
I think CCB should last 100-200k miles unless tracked. Pads might need replacement and CCB pads probably cost more than steel pads. Brake wear also depends on driving type — mostly highway is not as hard on them. Could be 40k or 60k interval for steel brakes. I just bought 4 steel rotors for $1k and don’t think you could get 4 new carbon rotors for less than $10k — OEM is probably twice that.
Appreciate 1
damianwo105.50