View Single Post
      06-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #13
FASTTOYS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi R8, X3M, XC60 R-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprint View Post
I can't really do that since the coilovers are in the car and the covers are back on. The driver side is pretty easy since the top of the strut is close to the interior covers, all you have to do is cut a hole in the interior cover and the padding covering the tower. The passenger side is harder. The top of that struts is about 3-4 inches under the interior cover and hard to get an adjuster on without a guide tube.

I actually spot welded a 1/2" steel hollow tube on the top of the passenger side strut as a guide for the adjuster rod. You don't have to do that. You have to very careful not to get the shock mount hot and melt the rubber

Then I took a 3/8" steel solid rod that fit inside this tube that way it goes directly to the shock adjuster screw. I grinded a slot on one end of the rod so it fits onto the shock adjuster. The rod is about 12inches long. It has a rubber handle on the other end so I can turn it. I didn't want it to hit the interior while I was turning it so I made it long. The handle is actually from a tool I cut the end off and welded to the rod, same diameter so it was easy to do.

I will make plugs for the holes I had to cut. These will have black carpet on top so they can blend into the stock interior.

Sorry for blurry pictures. It's dark here. 11PM.

You can see the guide tube. The hole in the carpet is a little big since I started it cutting to far up above the tube.

Rod inserted into guide tube for adjustment.

I didn't use a guide tube for the driver side.

WOW THAT IS HOW IT WORKS Thanks
Appreciate 0