View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
ss_m5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Compitition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
The compression and rebound is clearly a driver as your psi is fine. Its just the way its set up. If your roads have alot of uneven parts and undulations this will just naturally occur with the F90. I have the same issue with my stock and even modded suspension (M550i springs). The key is in the spring and damper combo and its just not dialed like Porsche has it or cars with magnetorheological dampers (I have them on my AMG GTS and R8 and on prior Ferraris and Lambo). Those chassis dynamics just soak up the bumps. But we are in 4300 lb sedans and the car is still so brilliant. For me, I like the more taut suspension and will give up heavier compression for a tighter feel that could be more uncomfortable for some. But where I live, the roads are really well paved and flat even on hills and turns. I honestly dont think you can change much spring wise to fix it but instead become more acclimated to it.
Yes, I should've mentioned imperfections on the road really amplifies this bounce. If you have a perfectly paved road it's not too bad. I love everything about the F90 but not in love with the suspension. I'm coming from a CTS-V with the latest Magnetic Ride Control and if you could keep that car straight the suspension was amazing. With both cars at 4300ish pounds, I never felt the weight of the CTS like I do the F90. I think the Germans need to swallow their pride and finally say the Americans made something better then we did and start using this tech.
Appreciate 0