Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundmc_92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
This defeats the purpose entirely. For me, AWD is stupid for a performance car because it ADDS weight. Provided the weight distribution is good and the AWD is rear biased, it won't under steer. A RWD setting just means your car is rwd with a stupid amount of weight added for no reason. I mean honestly...
I understand what you're saying, I really do. But how many people wish they could take their performance car out in mediocre ->snowy weather instead of keeping them locked away in a garage during the winter (probably not many I know).

But, if all of a sudden you had the ability to feel semi-confident in inclement conditions, you might be convinced to go throw down out there. It allows you to use your badass M5 for a longer period of time anyway, so where's the harm in that?

There is no harm in an AWD option. I encourage that. But for those who want a lighter more nimble rwd car that's no longer an option. (Yes I understand the M5 was never "light" but adding this weight to just drive it around in rwd anyway is pointless)

Provide two different models one with RWD one with AWD.
Appreciate 0