08-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
Maloney
Vroom
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fo
Lower Lip Clearance
To preface the question...I'm coming from a non-modified, 328 M-Sport xDrive and am located in Western PA where hills are a plenty...

I'm assuming that the M4 will sit a little lower, but I couldn't find any data to compare the front end clearances of of each.

That being said...I love the look of the Carbon Front Splitters with the lower lip, but I haven't seen it in person. The lip can't be more than half an inch...I'm thinking like 3/8 ?? Also, I don't plan on lowering the car...

Anyone have any feedback on whether I'll have issues or not? Any guys in the WPA, or even northeast, that are coming from an e92 with a front lip?

I don't expect it to be a street sweeper, but I don't want to have to strategically pick my driving routes b/c my front lip is going to get chewed up on hills....
You won't have any problems. I had a front lip and my only nemesis was parking curbs.

You'll need to invest in winter tires and I suggest rims for the winter as they tend to get beat up from our fantastic pot hole ridden roads in the winter.