View Single Post
      08-10-2021, 08:46 AM   #31
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
So in my M1 mode (D2 transmission setting) it has a TON more pops and bangs which i don't know if im a huge fan of. That's the biggest change with this mod so far.

And I hesitate to say this but I feel like I'm getting tones of someone putting an exhaust on a V6 Charger or Mustang. It just doesn't sound right to me. Again hard because I can't hear it from the outside of the car while driving.

Windows up and normal driving it's still very muted under normal driving. No drone or anything on the hwy. but….

I think I'll be keeping my order for the X pipe just to see if that helps. Honestly the issue may because I removed the balance can between the mufflers? Idk. I did that based on a recommendation from another member on here. I should have done it in stages so I know what is causing what sound etc. plus it cost almost another 40% to do that as they had to custom bend and weld pipe to make caps for the holes in the muffler now as he didn't just have metal plates to weld in.
Thanks for keeping us updated! Your comment that I highlighted in red has me very curious about this mod. I don't want more pops and bangs, just a more aggressive exhaust sound. Will be very interested to hear if the x pipe counteracts this.

I was also thinking about the cost issue of having custom stright pipes made vs. installing the Dinan x pipe. The Dinan x pipe is relatively cost effective at $500, so if the extra labor and materials to custom fabricate straight pipes comes to $200 - $300, then the difference in cost is even less material.

Lastly, a thought occurred to me as I was typing this response. If straight pipe yielded a better result than a x pipe, Dinan could have easily developed a resonantor delete kit that utilized a straight pipe design. I would think there is a reason why they went with a x pipe design.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0