Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperBimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F90BSM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProperBimmer View Post
So what the HP gain per $ spent here? When I see IND hyping this type of product I immediately get skeptical on the markup.
I don't think we are expecting this to increase our hp. I'd not expect an intake alone to help with hp increase without doing other mods to the vehicle. I believe their testing showed a .22 of a second faster 60-130 mph.
Ok so how much was this intake? Let's assume over 2k for example.....so slightly negligible power gain, just a sound gain???
That's what most bolt ones are truthfully... Slightest of performance gains but maximum sound gains... You definitely get a slight increase in throttle feel with the eventuri though, but that could also be placebo... What isn't placebo is the sound it makes and definitely increase exhaust sound as well...

But it is precisely that... Sound mod... Can't even say visual mod because who's looking under her skirt??
Gotcha, I mean the thing looks amazing but why waste money on a kid that yields nothing?
Ohhhh man, no difference if you install carbon fiber engine cover. It will cost you $$$ and it just looks nice.
It's not about performance gains as much as is the sound.
I was the first one to install and will do on every car I own just because i love the sound and the look.
For most people that can effort this expensive car, can probably chip in for mods
Affordability has nothing to do with it.....m5 owners have over 115k in the car, mod cost probably isn't considered, mod effectiveness obviously isn't either!!

So we're saying here that this intake (which I'm now estimating at $3k) does nothing for performance, looks pretty, and now from what I'm seeing and hearing here, negligibly increases "intake sound" a bit? Is everybody aware the cost of engineering carbon fiber products and making those parts has gone tremendously down in the past 10 years? Or is this just the never ending Ultimate BMW Tax at play?
Some people reach for Grey Goose and others will reach for Stoli... Some might find it absurd that one would pay more for what they believe is inferior vodka but shit, I kinda view it as this... End of the day, does it really matter? Why do I want to waste what little time we all have left on this planet worried about why the fuck somebody bought/wore/ate/did/believed in/or fucked? It's an endless debate that can never be settled nor won... Basically, it's just - it is what it is...

Oooorrrr, it could just be a prime example of supply and demand... There's a demand for it, they supplied it, and if you want it, you bought it...

These are all just my opinions of course...
Appreciate 2