F90BSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_2019_X5_50i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F90BSM5 View Post
I don't think we are expecting this to increase our hp. I'd not expect an intake alone to help with hp increase without doing other mods to the vehicle. I believe their testing showed a .22 of a second faster 60-130 mph.
Do you realize if you timed (100) 60-130mph runs, each one would differ about .5 seconds at the very least from each other every time??? To show that an intake unit is any benefit/mistake modification to the vehicle it would have to read at least .5 seconds (at the least) every run.
A good intake unit in my opinion has never showed to be a mistake to the vehicle when used properly. I have not done 100 runs to test all of that and can't comment on that portion of your statement nor do I know that they will all differ by .5, but I was just being a messenger of what Eventuri states on their site about improvements. They do explain the details of their testing however. I am personally not a fan of open box intakes under the hood by engine bay. You just open yourself to bear soaking at the end of the day, which in my opinion their current F90 design is. Only time will tell though so we shall see.
Appreciate 0