View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Gunmetal Painted 1M Wheels (on BSM) - Round 2

So, I ended up trading my wheels with Rusty Racer (you may remember my previously painted wheels). Well, truth be told...they look MUCH better on his car. I loved the color, but they had a slight "blueish-gray hue" to them, and it looks way better on VO than it does on BSM. I think the BSM needs more of a pure gray tone, than anything else...especially if you're going for a gunmetal wheel.

So, here's the finished product. Despite these crappy iPhone pictures, I think they look GREAT! They have quite a bit of flop to them, so they look very silver metallic in the sunlight, and at night or at dusk they look darker. This color is a total winner in my opinion, but I realize not everyone is going to like them...a lot of people like the stock rims. I just thought the contrast was a bit too much for my taste. Anyway, here they are...let me know your thoughts.

This is what they look like in darker conditions:

This is more what they look like in better lit conditions:

This is showing what it looks like in "DARK" light conditions:

You can sort of get the idea of what these look like with a bit more light. They look amazing in the light, since it really shows off that silver metallic!!

[/url]
Appreciate 0