View Single Post
      05-09-2022, 04:20 PM   #93
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC4 View Post
I went for it from a red light versus a P100D two days ago. I'm still laughing about it. Despite getting a good launch, I was absolutely obliterated. It was laughable. Except for the noise the M5 was making, the Tesla driver might've thought I wasn't trying. I'm still happy with my car selection as I like the looks, the luxury, and the reliability of the M5 versus the Model S, but the destruction was fairly unbelievable. I'm curious what the 0-60 will be on the hybrid M5 when it arrives in 18 months. The weight of a V8 engine plus batteries might mean that it's still slower than the Tesla.
Maybe it would have been better off just turning off into a stores parking lot and pretend you weren't actually racing lol. I mean I don't think there is really any stock car that is faster, so the outcome is a given though. ;D

To your comment about in 18 months.. where do you get that from? I still haven't seen confirmation when the G30 is coming to an end. Has it been stated anywhere that the G30 will not be made for MY23? If this (MY22) is the last G30 model year, it would be the shortest run for a 5 series in history by a year -- which is certainly possible but I still haven't seen a source for this yet.
Appreciate 0