Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
No. 48 is for non AFS.
Are we talking about the same document here?!?
My No.48 clearly states (in art. 6.22.9.1):

"An AFS shall be permitted only in conjunction with the installation of
headlamp cleaning device(s) according to Regulation No. 45 19 for at least
those lighting units, which are indicated under item 9.3. of the
communication form conforming to the model in Annex 1 to Regulation
No. 123, if the total objective luminous flux of the light sources of these units
exceeds 2,000 lm per side, and which contribute to the class C (basic)
passing-beam."

Seems pretty clear to me. again 2000lm threshold, to be measured in class c passing beam
What does your art. 6.22.9.1 say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
UNECE WP.29 is dropping ECE to reflect the global nature of its mission as all countries with the exception of the US recognize most, of not all, the Global Technical Standards.
They may want that, but from all of NA, only canada recognizes part of the documents (only 16 documents). US and mexico none.
Countries like india and china (so thats almost half the planets population) also not.
If I count correctly its a total of 56 coutries that fully acknowledges its ruleset. Thats not a lot on a total of 197 (28 percent to be precise)

So its more of a wish than a fact
"Mine" are very different (if I had them with me) as I'm an appointed WP.29 representative. I'm not looking at anything right now, this is all from memory.

48 is rather old and not used much of at all anymore.

AFS has different generations which are reflected by which Regulation No they're certified under

AFS
AFS+
AFS2
AFS2+
AFSi
AFSi+
μAFS

Etc etc.

1958 Member states vs. countries that use/recognize the standards are not the same.

Wish all you want. Picked the wrong person to try and debate (incorrectly interpreted) semantics with.

You're still wrong with there not being an E89 35is Manual being made. That was the ONLY type produced.
Appreciate 0