XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

XPEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfus Aurelius View Post
Update,

Went to see Tony Ngyuen at his shop on Saturday morning. He seems to know his business -- though he started off trying to convince me that my car needed to be clayed, and recommending the supplies from Chemical Guys. When I pointed out that I'd clayed the car less than a month ago and WITH a clay bar from Chemical Guys, he changed the subject. He showed me a black Camaro he was restoring the paint on, but I never did see an example of his X-Pel work.

He quoted me $1200 for the clear bra job (bumper, part of the hood, front of the fenders, mirror backs). When I said I'd had a solid $500 quote from another X-Pel dealer, he started coming down on the price, and before I left he was down to $900. His recommendation was that I should have the front bumper repainted (not by him) to start, let it cure, then have the clear bra put on -- something that would probably run me in total about $1500. Uh, no. My car is not a show car, it's a daily driver, and I'm *very* happy with the way it looks now. And I don't think I'd see that money back in resale 5 years from now, do you?

I'll ask the previous shop what level of X-Pel they are using, and if the 10-year-warranty covers things like yellowing; I recall he said it did.

I tire rapidly of these duds. Maybe I'd do better to put some rubber bumper strips on, drive the car, and then have the bumper repainted if it needs it in 3 years!
Wolfus,

Give us a call at 210-678-3700 and ask Customer Support to connect you with the sales rep for your area. They will have better insight on who to go to. Thank you for your patience with this process and we do hope you stick with XPEL as your protection of choice.
Appreciate 0