View Single Post
      10-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #6
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
With the little data available it seems the GTS can hang with the GT3 and the minimal difference will come down to to driver, ambient parameters etc. The inherent capabilities and clocked time on the only circuit we have to compare seems very, very similar. Certainly no running circles here or anything remotely foolish in picking the GTS IMO.
You are right - running circles was a figure of speech.
However, all things being equal (similar HP, torque, suspension prep, tires, driver), a 3500 lbs car (GTS) will not keep up with a 3100 lbs car (GT3) for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I happen to prefer NA engines of this caliber and this would be the main reason I would pick the GT3. The GT3 has become such a show car that it's taken a lot out of the joy to buy/own it for me. Driving it on track with that screamer of an engine though
I do love the work BMW had put into the GTS package.
Unfortunately, the price point and product spec vaults it into an entirely another category of track warrior cars.
That extra weight will require WAY more of a HP compensation than what the water tank provides. How long before BMW starts boring out that 3.0L to 3.2+L ... ?

a
Appreciate 0