View Single Post
      12-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #3
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
We've had the ED1 E63s and that car has been rock solid. There are no hardware issues to speak of and the issue the W213's had were primarily software related.
Loved the fact that I could lower the car in seconds via comand using a $300 ODB2 module.
Sound is immersive and the car stood out from the crowd. You could tell this is an AMG from a mile away.

I find the MB paints are harder and more durable than BMW paints and the Magno paint held up better than our current M8C sapphire black.

Our M8 is definitely the softer car to drive and I like the ZF slush box better than the AMG's multi-clutch tranny. AWD systems are comparable.

The AMG is clearly the slower car and can't be tuned to the extend that BMW's. But it isn't slow be any means. 3 second car. Sound of course goes to the AMG.

The only issue we had on the AMG was a manufacturing flaw on the CCB front rotors but MB was covering them under warranty with zero issues (even tough they are considered a consumable product).
I find BMW to be a penny pincher and it would have been less likely that they would have covered the $9k replacement costs...

Last edited by Wolfman64; 12-06-2020 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
pooyab330.00