View Single Post
      12-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #5
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muntter View Post
Hi, I am new to these features too and after much research, I think I can help you.

Your car has 2 assistances when in traffic, cruise control and traffic jam assistance. What you describe happening is cruise control, that’s how it should work. When your car stop, you need to reengage it to start moving again. Traffic jam assistant on the other hand is different. It requires you to steer, but it controls the acceleration and braking, moving off as and when the car in front moves. The traffic jam assistant ONLY works on motorways and some duel carriageways, some it likes, some it don’t. Both assistants are actioned by the same button.....so really it depends what road you are on as to which will be active at that time.

The 2 lane steering features, lol it seems you and me had exactly the same questions....
The cruise control keeps you pretty much in the middle of your chosen lane and steers the best it can to ensure you are not wandering al over the place. If you wish to change lanes manually (rather than auto, by hitting the indicator) you can and the car only fights you a little, ie it’s no drama.
Now, the little green light that’s showing you the lane departure assistant, that’s pure evil. That damn thing bounces you between either side of your lane like it’s playing pinball. It’s designed to STOP you leaving that lane and will aggressively force you back in, regardless of the angle you car is now at. I turned that off, it’s horrible. If you don’t indicate and just change lanes, it really fights you to stay in lane. I hated it.

Back up camera. Sorry, no idea. I like the blocks as it makes it clear where the dangers are so I haven’t turned them off, or tried to.

I hope I helped with your first questions though

Paul
Hey Paul...this is great info...thanks!
Appreciate 0