Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Thanks for responding.

Of course man, here for the enthusiasts

But, to me, you still didn't directly address the original questions:
[Originally Posted by BMWAUDIO View Post]
Carlos,
What does this do to my BMW Warranty ?
is the tune detectable by bwm ?
Stand by the original answer, because anything else would be a lie. Vehicles are modified and taken into dealers on a daily basis, many manufacturers are aware of this but there is a limit and we agree. For this reason (except on personal vehicles) we stay away from going outside of what we deem "safe". Larger turbos, Meth, etc is too much of a red flag for our clientele and the volume that we do. I do see where you are coming from I just think everyone needs to be responsible and fair to the vehicle manufactures as well. i.e. Don't add larger turbos, meth kid, e85 conversion, and straight pipe exhaust and then not be ready for a "worst case"

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
+1 Limeypride
My Direct and Honest answer....

Voids Warranty - any part deemed "affected" by altered HP/Torque if BMW so chooses to look (see below). This put main driveline components in the gunsights and potentially not covered

Yes - detectable if one goes looking as the active engine management outputs will be way off the chart compared to where they should be for other data parameters. The statistics will condemn you. Bend a rod or other major issue and I would worry someone will interrogate the data logs looking for the above, just saying.

Well said

It has been said on the forum many times to have a good relationship with your service department and that may get you some grace. Maybe...This definitely helps but we the enthusiasts need to also be responsible. Thank you greatly for your input and taking time to give another opinion on this.
Appreciate 0