View Single Post
      07-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #22
Drew330
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128i Jet Black on Coral Red

Raine, around GTA there are also a number of reputatable tint shops, but I don't have experience with any tint shops around Missisagua. I'm sure that you can find some other recommendations from internet search.

I had tried FX Auto but I cannot recommend them. Both cars (Mini Cooper and E46 coupe) that they've done for me had issues. Because they did not remove the door panel while tinting, the film's bottom edge meets the weatherstrip, not going below it, and this caused the tint to peel off easily. Both of my car's tint peeled from the side window corner after 3-4 years. Also there was a large dust particles in one windows and they refused to fix.. (they said it will go away but it never did) While they offer lifetime warranty, for they price I would expect better workmanship.

For my new 128i I took it to another reputable shop in GTA, but I cannot recommend them (yet) until they resolved some issue they caused during the tinting process.... it is just so hard to find the perfect tint shop.

A few advice for your search. You want to look for a good tint shop that does computer cut film (no knife on your brand new window), and removal of door panel in most case is necessary to ensure that the film goes below the weatherstrip to avoid peeling. Don't hesistate to ask questions to the shop owner to make sure they have the attention to quality. Good luck.

Last edited by Drew330; 07-16-2010 at 01:04 AM..
Appreciate 0