09-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #22
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiller155 View Post
I took a really serious look at the Tesla Model 3 before ordering a new 4 Series...While the interior has a cool glass roof, it only has an iPad screen for nearly all of its features and its The fact that there isn't even a power trunk or HUD was the deal breaker for me. In addition, no Apple CarPlay, just google maps without perspective view, no top down cameras, annoying touch screen volume, air condition controls, vent
It’s great to have choices, no?

Putting all the controls on the touch screen makes OTA updates/improvements much easier. My car has received lots of new features in the ~2 years I’ve owned it, including about 50 extra horsepower!

A friend’s MB C300 4Matic doesn’t have a power trunk lid either...

FWIW, the audio volume is controlled by the left steering wheel scroll wheel by default. I’ve never used the touch-screen volume control while driving, but did use it while a passenger - it’s great to have such easy access from that side.

The infinitely configurable HVAC vent are genius, IMO. I can direct the air exactly where I want it and as a result, I spend far less time fiddling with those controls than in any other car I’ve owned in 40+ years of driving.

Enjoy the BMW - really nice car!
Appreciate 0