03-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshane View Post
I know what you mean, I dıd a lot of tıme wıth them at JSOC at Ft Bragg. They seem to get promoted very quıcky to E-7...but they can lose ıt quıckly too. Besıdes, the AF qualıty of lıfe tends to be a bıt better.

I do wısh we dıd our PT test lıke the Army. In order to stay Aırborne qualıfıed I had to do the Army PT test quarterly...a much better system IMO.
Oh I hear that! TBH, I think if people could have stripes taken away that easily it might help with some of the boneheaded crap we have going on. Most of my kids just don't care about paperwork anymore since unless you're using it to boot them out they don't see the negative...until you give them a 3 or a 4 on their EPR. Then they complain that's personal or they place race or gender cards. Being a minority myself that irritates the living crap out of me.

Agreed about the PT stuff. I used to be at a unit where we basically said "screw the reg" and went out every M-W-F and did out warm-up, stretch, push-ups, sit-ups, and a 5K. We did mock PT tests every quarter as well. It was boring and repetitive but it worked. I would LOVE it if we got to do obstacle courses and what-not more often. I figure if we're going to augment the Army we might as well train like them.
Appreciate 0