05-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BSM 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
So what are you guys paying for oil changes at your local BMW center? Mine quoted me nearly 250 euros, which was a bit shocking. I'd like to do my break in oil change at 1200 miles and also my one year oil change (I won't be back in the States yet) but I'm not sure I can stomach that bill twice. I suppose I could do the oil change myself, but I've never done one before. It looks easy enough, but do I really want to "practice" on a brand-new BMW? Alternatively, I could let the on-base shop do it for probably $40 - as long as I make sure they use the right oil and filter, that should be okay...maybe. Thoughts? What do you guys do for service?
I just had the break-in oil changed about 1500 miles done by these excellent folks for $110.00, including NC state tax. The use all BMW OME products, which were included with the price. http://www.mpoweredautomotive.com/

Not sure how that will translate to the Continent, but based upon my limited experiences it'll be more than €100. As mentioned, if you have the inclination and access to the facilities, you can do it yourself; there are some excellent DIY instructions here at 1Addicts.com.

pge
Appreciate 0