Thread: M2 to BMW i3
View Single Post
      05-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #5
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

One thing that most people buying electrics and hybrids fail to recognize is that just the production process for all the batteries necessary for their vehicles causes an immense amount of pollution, in addition to using valuable resources. Improper disposal of batteries and the expense of replacement battery packs are issues too.

In addition, what's going to happen to the electric car market when the 2025 CAFE standards are lowered? Americans aren't buying electrics now; in fact, how many electric or hybrid models have already disappeared from the marketplace?

I'm also tired of the attitude of many hybrid owners, who think their vehicles with an electric-only range of 11 miles are actually doing some good for the environment. Every time I look at the nameplate "Prius," I see the word "Pious."

And, just so you don't think I'm being overly negative about this subject, check what I think is one of the best ads ever produced by "Saturday Night Live." I wish I had written it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1tbf8muMc.

Last edited by Spa2k; 05-07-2017 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41909.50