View Single Post
      05-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
STATUS
KAUTOSPA
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3 633WHP widebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
How much money would you say has been invested in the car, including the car itself?
If you say less then $150 000..id be shocked!
about 120k, Now that all the R&D is done can do it for much less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
Well the stage one HPF turbo which this car has goes for around $20,000 installed and the body kit is also around $20,000-30,000 being that it is all carbon. Then you firgure another $15,000 for wheels, tires and brakes plus all the interior stuff. So my conservative estimate comes out at $65,000 with out the price of the car. I wonder how close I am?

Personally I love the concept of the car but I would have never gone with that widebody. I keep hearing that it is all "functional" but how do you know it all works as it should? Was it wind tunnel tested? Has it one of those wide bodies be pounded on famous tracks around the world by top race teams? I would have went with the Flossman widebody which is tried and true by many top race teams here and in europe. You can't aruge with power that car is making though. The sound of the car in those on track vids made my jaw drop! What kind of tries is that car running on track? Also what brake pads does it run and what is the weight of the car now with the widebody? Are those the wheels you run on the track or do you have something that is more track focused?
Your quite a few K over real cost for one. We work with a few engineers who race in the SPEED WORLD CHALLENGE which we are also working on manufacturing a kit for said team. SO needless to say we dont "F" around No fluff all function. YOu cant argue with anything. The Power is jaw dropping, the kit is functional, without even tunnel and cad testing you can tell a difference with out. Not to get on you but what kind of Company do you think we are to just mock up a kit slap it on a car and say hey its functional. There is a reason why we have spent so much time money and energy to not only build the car but track it and do extensive testing and research on every product we run and sell. Working with Top engineers to make sure we have created an awesome product in looks but mostly function. After everything is said and done with Time attack, if time and deadlines permit we plan on taking it to europe, and drive it. You cannot really compare this kit with others, the look alone is very different, but the best part about it is that it FUNCTIONS like we intended for it to do. pushing the car down to stick to the track, permit wider tires to put down the power, help vent engine, and braking, and beat up on cars at the track. Proudly I can say we have succeeded. and you can track an enkreuz wheel without fear of it busting up on you. Did that answer your questions? Oh and the pads on the Ksport brakes are SCS RC1 Race pads