View Single Post
      05-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
alexey21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Turbo

I drove the Macan today. Well, definitely not what I expected.

The car drives well, but it is not what you are used to in an SUV.

It sits lower to the ground, but still has the SUV type of feeling in corners. The PDK is very good, and the car is just a pleasure to be in. Now what is interesting is how well the car is isolated. You think the M5 is isolated, take a drive in the Macan. Even though the motor is upfront, you can not hear anything unless you sit in the back closer to the exhausts.

I drove the Macan S, and personally I was not blown away by it's performance, but rather by the sweet noise it made even though I was told it is turbo charged. It is the same engine as from a base Panamera. The steering wheel completely killed me, as it was rather dead until you picked up some speed. Definitely was expecting more of a GTS type of steering feel to it, and it just was not there. I will cut the Macan some slack, because it is a new SUV just released, and I think that Porsche will get it right in the end. It's not a bad car for the price, just makes me wonder how different it is from the Audi Q5, being built on the same body. I will say, it is a very comfortable ride for those looking for a nice relaxing SUV, and while wrsbmw says the PDK is slow, I tend to disagree. I think the PDK is very fast, but more important, it knows what you want and happens to do all the right things you would do yourself with a proper manual. That being said, Macan personally is not the car for me, or anyone in my family, but it is a very well built chick car.
2011 Turbo PDK (Retired)
2013 M5 Black Sapphire( Retired )
Appreciate 0