Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_El_Jefe View Post
The DA module basically acts like the pressure sensors for your hands that are built in to the OEM wheel. I ended up buying a Carismo wheel awhile back but unfortunately it didn't work out for me. My entire KFAS system would just go off line with the wheel installed. BMW had my car for a week and it was determined that because I didn't have the heating element in the wheel the entire KFAS system quit working so I had an OEM wheel installed and the problem went away. I talked with Carismo and the tech told me that has never happened before so I'm not sure why my car was the one off, long story short I now have a $1600 paper weight sitting in my house. My only word of advice would be, if you get a CF wheel make sure it has the same options as your OEM (heated or non-heated).
that's what they told me, i got it last week also with CF /leather trim - i will say they're great with CS and quick on email and chat. i got the heat since mine is heated too with the DA module, hopefully to get it installed next week if i have time.
Appreciate 1