View Single Post
      01-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver
"BMW M235i: For this one, I am putting on my flame suit. Everyone seems to be in love with the M235i this year, but I am going to take a stand. It's not that great, people! First things first, I take issue with the nomenclature. The M in M235i is for "Marketing." Second, if you want the M235i experience boiled down to you in a nutshell, it feels similar to the last-gen 135i except the steering has gotten more numb and devoid of any feeling whatsoever. Apparently everyone's fine with that. Let me make this clear: I am not. This vehicle doesn't feel special in any way. The only thing it has going for it is that it feels more nimble and darty than the 435i, which it should given its size when compared against the 4'er.

To me the only really great BMWs the company produces anymore are the proper M cars, not this poser."

http://autospies.com/news/00R-Lists-...Of-2014-83958/

My take on this is some automotive journalists get bored and want to stir the controversy pot a little. Of course, I drive a 135i which while it is not all that different from an M235i, it certainly does not enjoy the resale halo.
They put out a video saying they liked the car. The guy not only records with an iPhone, but also is weak in the editing department.

Maybe he forgot they already reviewed the M235i ?

Appreciate 0