View Single Post
      03-29-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
ADM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xdr Msprt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcq784 View Post
In my view, given the conditions, you were hydroplaning. Whether a car hydroplanes is not something the car has control over, but a factor of the road conditions and the tires' abilities. I wouldn't necessarily attribute anything to the 3GT vs your last car. (But perhaps compare the tires' performance and road condition)

I'm very sorry to hear that the car is totaled, but I'm also glad you were able to walk away from a terrible accident with only minor injuries! That 3GT seemed to have kept you alive and in good shape
For What It's Worth, the "hydroplaning" comment is totally on target. Speed/Vehicle-Weight/amount of water on the roadway between the tires and the road surface all combine to create a scenario where you can not control either the direction of the vehicle, nor the stopping capability because there is no traction. It is like you are skimming across the surface of the water similar to a flat rock that has been thrown across the surface of a calm lake.

You really are extremely fortunate when considering what else could have happened if you were in contact with any other objects.
Appreciate 0