View Single Post
      08-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #9
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I would drive the G80 M3 AWD. It was not available when I bought my CPO 18 M5. The M3 are smaller, more nimble and more athletic feeling. Some people don’t like the athletic feeling and want freight train torque at 2000 rpm, but I like it and would certainly have considered an AWD M3.

I had an E90 M3 sedan for 10 years and wanted a bigger, more comfortable, faster cruiser type car that handled decently and had AWD. The M5 fit those requirements really well. I can haul a lot of stuff in it as well — big trunk and fold down seats.

I looked at some 19 Comps but there are mixed reports about the ride. Some complain. Probably depends on the roads in your area. The wheel size also has an effect. 19s ride better than 20s or 21s but the handling is not quite as sharp. Since my E90 M3 rode rough enough (after I modded it with Bilsteins and H&R) that my wife complained, I decided to stick with the base M5.

Now, 18 months later, I am installing H&R springs in the M5, already installed Dinan monoball front tension strut bushings, and have the Dinan rear toe link kit on back order. Hopefully my wife won’t complain or we will have to take her Cayenne S whenever we go somewhere together (it’s actually a pretty nice driver for an SUV).
Appreciate 0