07-22-2019, 06:37 AM   #2
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjjjjjjjjjjj View Post
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to share my experience with few tuning options that some of you might consider.

Firstly my car have few mods:
Eventuri Intake
Catless Keller Performance Downpipes
Akrapovic Catback Exhaust

So all of mods are targeted in the better "breathing" of car.

At first I got racechip installed it was noticeable difference (Sorry but I didnt check results of car back then) since I had catless downpipes i got into cel light so needed ecu tune anyway.

As few people on forum recommended evolve automotive I went for it.

The results are bellow - my car stock ecu tune made 650 HP (without catless downpipes yet)

And after downpipes, stage2 ecu tune and a lot colder day (34 vs 28 celsius ) I only got 50hp difference and torque same as stock.

The difference is noticeable from higher revs.

Stock ECU without Downpipes
0-100 time was 3,14 seconds
100-200 was 8,02 seconds
Evolve Automotive Stage 2 times with dp's replaced
0-100 was still 3,14 (had a bit of traction issues at 3rd or 4th run and decided to buy new tires..."broke them in" but the results were ... the same. 3,14 max.
However the 100-200 time went down to 6,62 seconds - you could feel the difference so I knew it somehow works.

But not being happy with the results on dyno (if you think just DP should give 20-30hp the tune added me only another 20-30hp on top)
Contacted evolve with all data but they didn't care much.

I've decided to contact Halim from HC-Performance that I knew from Bootmod3 community and that helped my friend with his 335i. Showed him stats and he said it's easy to beat.

And I couldn't be happier - the tune was 36% cheaper than evolve and it works much better. The car feels like rocket.
This is the 1ST run with launch control

And 100-200 time was 8,02 stock then 6,62 time with evolve now on just one try 5,91 sec with HC performance.
The 1,4 mile time I didn't have space to try yet but on one try it made 10,59 on worse launch (0,2 sec) so should be able to make 10,3 if it perfectly grips.

I'm still waiting on dyno appointment to see the difference in power distribution but I just wanted to share that Halim does great work.

fyi - no one asked me to share it I decided to make it so I save someone money from mod that they wouldn't be happy with.
Looks very strong ! What is the 60mph to 130mph time with Dragy ?
Appreciate 0