11-02-2017, 03:27 PM   #16
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALECRAFT View Post
I had an opportunity to buy a limited to 100, M2 drivers edition. I walked into a dealer and asked if they had a M2 optioned with the ZL option (or something like that code) the sale manager looked in his orders and said he had one coming in about 30 days.

He said to put a 100% refundable $5,000 deposit on it if you want the first right of refusal on the car. It would have a $10k premium added at time of purchase.

I didn't go with it.

I figured the way the car industry introduces the first model, then exploits the car with hype, burns out the first model sales, then brings out a better model of the same car will happen here. For me, the drivers edition's draw was 100 limited production. Not enough for me to buy. I want power. I don't want to void any warranties modding the engine.

It'$a BMW

Same marketing with the Z/28, same with the Vette, same with the Camaro, same with the Shelby 350. A better one coming. You just have to get the best one for your application.

The M2 CS with over 400hp with the same basic engine block is enough.

Plus I wait the hype out.

1,000 units is enough when I want just one.

Good luck

Steve

great advice! And of course.. if you still really want a ZL9.. there are a few left.. I am fairly confident at least one here in DFW... so even when the line is short..

As Public Enemy said... Don't believe the hype!

The book of the new school BMW game
[Bimmer] Posters treat me like Coltrane, insane
Yes to them, but to me I'm a different kind
We're brothers of the same mind, unblind
Caught in the middle and Not surrenderin'
I don't rhyme for the sake of of riddlin'

good luck with your M2 CS purchase! . ..I need hotter.. and I can wait longer.. M2 CSL.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 11-02-2017 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0